2dOpinion
Malaysiakini on MSNCOMMENT | Strengthening Asean's Myanmar quake responseCOMMENT | The horrific earthquake in central Myanmar last Friday has killed thousands. Recent reports put the deaths at over 10,000 people. The casualties are mounting as the junta is failing to engage in a meaningful relief effort.
1d
Free Malaysia Today on MSNUnicef Malaysia calls for RM1mil in aid for Myanmar’s childrenUnicef Malaysia is appealing for RM1 million in aid after the devastating 7.7-magnitude earthquake that struck Myanmar last week. In a statement, Unicef Malaysia said the earthquake has compounded an already critical humanitarian crisis in Myanmar,
The French interior ministry said on Tuesday that it would propose a ban on Legion X, a fan group for second-tier football club Paris FC, due to it being involved with serious violence for years.
The number of casualties from the earthquake in Myanmar has increased to 1,700 deaths, with 3,400 injured and 300 missing. Thailand has recorded 17 fatalities. Rescue efforts continue.
Malaysia and Asean will continue to support ongoing humanitarian aid efforts in Myanmar, including through the Malaysia Special Search and Rescue Force (SMART), says Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
The Special Malaysia Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team (SMART) has recovered four bodies from the rubble caused by the earthquake in Myanmar’s
Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, this year's rotating chair of ASEAN, conveyed Malaysia's condolences and pledged to distribute 10 million ringgit ($2.25 million) in humanitarian aid to Myanmar citizens affected by the tragedy.